Largest online retail store in the world and second largest in India, Amazon is again trying to attract online shoppers to its site. The website is offering the latest Oneplus One under a no purchase contest. According to the Amazon, “The Contest was begun on December 31, 2014 at 12:00:01 a.m. IST and will end on January 20, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. IST.”
- The contestants have to download the Amazon App on their phone or tablet and sign in during the Contest Period to be automatically enrolled into a random draw of lots.
- Amongst the eligible participants, 1 participant will be selected by the random draw of lots to answer a qualifying Contest question which will enable the participant to win a “OnePlus One” (“Prize”), at the end of the Contest Period.
- The participants selected through the random draw of lots, will be required to answer a qualifying Contest question correctly within a time period which would be communicated to the selected participants by Amazon, in order to be declared winner of Prize.
- If the selected participant does not respond back within the given time period, or answers incorrectly, he/she shall not be eligible to be declared winner of Prize. Selected participant will also be required to prove their age, failing which they will be disqualified from the Contest.
However, only complete entries received during the Contest Period will be considered. The company is trying to strengthen their grounds in Indian online retail market as it had made this kind of publicity stunts in past. As per the reports, Amazon.in had awarded Autographed copy of Playing it my Way, Apple iPhone 6 and Samsung Gear S on November 26 and December 10 last year respectively.
The flagship killer phone, OnePlus One runs on Android v4.4 KitKat operating system with 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801quad core processor, 578MHz Adreno-330 GPU, 3GB RAM, 64GB internal memory. It boasts 5.5-inch (13.97 centimeters) LTPS IPS with TOL, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 capacitive touchscreen with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and 401 ppi pixel density fueled with 3100mAH battery. It is featured with 13MP primary camera with dual LED flash, six lenses to avoid distortion and color aberration, 4K resolution video with stereo recording and 5MP front facing camera.
As part of the publicity stunt, the website is also offering YU Yureka smartphone on daily winning basis till January 12, 2015. Moreover, the company claims that the device will be available for sale from January 13, 2015 that costs 8,999.
(1) The contestants have to go on: contest page
(2) Click on the “Like” button to “Like” the respective Facebook page if they have not already done so;
(3) Answer the question asked, verify age and country of residence. Only legal residents of the Republic of India who are 18 years or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter the Contest; and
(4) Click the “Enter” button to enter using name and e-mail address associated with the Amazon.in account.
Entering the Contest will connect your Facebook account with Amazon, enabling social features that, among other things, will enable you to participate in the Contest.
(5) Eligible participants will be selected at random from all entries.
However, there is an another contest basic permissions page for privacy obsessed people. Meanwhile, entry is limited to one entry per person and Amazon.in account, via either Entry Method #1 or Entry Method #2. You shall not use multiple Facebook accounts to enter the Contest, and a participant/ user, who submits entries through multiple accounts, will be disqualified.
Beside this, amazon is also offering Yu Yureka to be won on daily basis. All you have to do, is just visit thr contest page, answer a silly question and follow the instructions. Participants might get a chance to win the device. The contest will be available till Jan 12, before the official sale.
YU Yureka is a low budget smartphone with high tech-specs, it runs on Cyanogen OS 11 based on Android KitKat 4.4.4 supported by 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615(64-Bit) Octa-core processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory expandable up to 32 GB. It boasts 5.5-inch (13.97 centimeters) 720×1280 IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 fueled with 2500mAH battery. It is featured with 13MP primary camera with dual LED flash and 5MP front-facing camera.