Over the last few years, Cloud Hosting has become a preferred choice for most businesses for maintaining and managing data. The wide range of features offered by cloud hosting which includes resource and cost scalability, higher efficiency, etc. are soon making it a go-to name for businesses. However, moving to cloud hosting from your current hosting plan is akin to shifting your residence; it is an important decision and requires a plan and strategy. After all, you don’t want to disrupt your business while migrating, right?
In this article, we will look at things that you should know before moving to Cloud Hosting.
What to know before moving to Cloud Hosting?
Moving to Cloud Hosting involves four major stages:
- Choosing the right cloud hosting provider
- Creating a plan and execution strategy
- The actual move
- Verifying if everything is in order
Here are some tips:
- It is recommended to start the migration with the least critical data/application. This can give you a feel of the migration process and keep your important data secure.
- Prepare your data and your team for the migration. The data should be in sync with the cloud environment and your employees must be willing to manage the changes and face roadblocks if any.
- Use the right tools and ensure that your data is secure during the actual migration.
- Once the migration is done, cross check that all the information is in order and the applications run fine.
- Approach the provider for assistance if you face any problem.
Who to hire?
If your current team of IT professionals is not skilled to manage Cloud Hosting, then you might want to hire someone with experience in this domain.
It is important to note here that choosing a Cloud Hosting provider who offers a dedicated team to help you with migration can go a long way in making your migration process smoother. Before choosing a provider, ask yourself these questions:
- What do I need from the provider?
- Instant Scalability
- Lower costs
- All of the above or
- Something else
- What are my capacity requirements?
- Huge volumes of data
There are many Cloud Hosting providers offering the ‘best cloud hosting plan’ in the market. Instead of falling for a marketing gimmick, the answer to these questions can help you find a provider, best suited to your requirements.
The decision to move to Cloud Hosting is an important one which can help you benefit from the various features of the cloud. The points mentioned above need to be kept in mind before moving to Cloud Hosting so that your migration experience is seamless and hassle-free. Remember, each organization has a different requirement from the cloud. Hence, it is necessary to assess your requirements and choose a provider meticulously.