BitTorrent Red Eye Studios join hands to produce TV shows

BitTorrent TeCake

BitTorrent, a peer-to-peer music and movies sharing service, on Wednesday announced that it had partnered with a film studio to produce online movies and shows. The move has been considered as if the company wants to fill the room with already existing services, including Netflix and Amazon Prime.

BitTorrent has partnered with Rapid Eye Studios to launch BitTorrent Originals, which will produce and recognize the original videos. Both the companies will work together to provide video content and will distribute it with the BitTorrent publishing platform BitTorrent Bundle.

BitTorrent will hold exclusive rights to these series for the first few weeks, however, after 30 to 60 days, the creators will be free to distribute it anywhere they want. BitTorrent will be taking care of advertisements and other required operations. However, the profit cut has been reported as the company will take 10 percent whereas the remaining 90 percent will go in the account of creators. Creators will only need to create the videos, and everything else will be handled by the BitTorrent and Rapid Eye Studios itself.

“Expanding into the world of original content is a move that makes us a serious player in the media business, and takes us another step closer toward our goal: creating a sustainable digital future for creators of all kinds,” BitTorrent CEO Eric Klinker, said in a statement.

BitTorrent is aiming this new service for people belonging to the age group of 14-25 years, as it is the only age group having most number of viewers. Reports suggest that there are nearly 170 million users belonging to this category, and having them on the BitTorrent Bundle platform, it can drive in huge profits for both the creators and the company.

Until now, BitTorrent was only a platform to share software, music, videos and more through a peer-to-peer network, however, now things have changed.

About the author

Rohan Ganguly

Analytical and detail-oriented technology journalist, who is having a vast experience in writing news analysis. He is best known for breaking the news on burning issues and his love for nature.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

You Might Also Like