Uber, the American online transportation company, has always maintained a forward-looking image about its cab riding service. By frequent time intervals, it has kept on adding new features and bringing firmware updates to its online cab booking app “Uber.” Previously, the international cab booking company introduced the “Dial an Uber” feature for easy ride booking, without giving any hints about its accessibility in the cities of India. Initially, the features like “Dial an Uber” and “Request a Ride for Others” were rolled out in the towns like Nagpur, Guwahati, Jodhpur, and Kochi. However, now, after a long wait, Uber finally expanded its “Dial an Uber” feature to other Indian cities.
Today, Uber brings up the functionality of “Dial an Uber” in 29 cities across the country, where the rider-sharing app is accessible. The option of “Dial an Uber” will allow Indian users to book their cabs without downloading the Uber app. However, the functionality is exclusive to UberGo rides. While announcing the rollout of this feature in India, the spokesperson of Uber confirmed that the new feature is proven to function smoothly in the locations having very weak or poor networking connectivity.
How to book Uber without downloading the Uber App?
If you want to book an UberGo ride without the app, then here are the steps to follow:
- Open your phone’s browser
- Now got to the URL: www.dial.uber.com on the default browser of your phone
- If you are an existing Uber user, then log in by putting your registered mobile number and password. If not, sign up by filling up the sign-up form
- Now, put your pick up and drop location
- Go through the pricing information thoroughly to get a fare estimate
- Now, tap on the request bottom for booking the ride with UberGo
- After successful placement of ride request, you will be connected with the driver over voice call
- Take the trip and once completed, pay with cash
Back in August 2016, Uber had launched the addition of a new feature called ‘Dial an Uber’ to its Uber App alongside the feature of ‘Request a Ride for Other.’ The aim behind introducing the new features was to making the ride-booking service for others easier and more convenient. AT the time of launch, the features were accessible to five cities of India, and now, 29 more cities will be benefited by the new feature.Tags: Android, app, Cab Booking Service, Dial an Uber, iOS, Taxi Booking Service, uber