Reliance Jio announced that their chat app will now be available in nine countries around the world, which includes, India, China, US, UK and Canada.
With the new Reliance Jio Chat, users will be also offered latest news, content and offers from favourite brands on Jio Chat Channels. The chat messenger service was first launched in India in April this year.
The company revealed in a statement that the service will now be available in Canada, the US, the UK, the UAE, South Africa, Singapore, Australia, China and India.
“We are excited to launch our services in eight other countries apart from India as it will help in boosting our international presence and also let our customers based in India to connect seamlessly with their folks abroad,” a company spokesperson said.
Like any other chat messenger, the RIL’s Jio Chat can also be accessed by using any Internet-enabled smartphone over any data network. However, the app is only limited to iOS and Android users, while, the Windows Phone users can simulate through an apk.
Jio Chat also offers HD quality video and audio conferencing along with group chats, file sharing, stickers, location share etc.
The company says:
Instantly connect with friends, family members, and brands using Jio Chat. Connect for free across any mobile data (2G, 3G, 4G) or WiFi connection, wherever you are.
Express yourself in a fun and flexible way – with voice calls, video calls, conferencing, messaging, instant video, stickers, doodles, and emoticons.
Connect with your favourite brands and celebrities using Jio Chat Channels.
Simplify your life with Jio Chat. Jio Chat Messenger automatically syncs contacts. For those friends who are not yet on-board, you can send free SMS invites from Jio Chat.
Why Jio Chat?
• RICH MESSAGING. Instantly and easily message any of your Jio Chat contacts – one-to-one, or in groups. Send files (e.g. pdf, doc, xls, mp3, apk), emoticons, doodles, pictures, videos, audio notes and 1000s of local Indian stickers while you chat with them.
• VOICE CALLS & VIDEO CALLS with CONFERENCING. You will never need to worry about hike in calling tariff because Jio Chat lets you make free calls to your Jio Chat contacts. Whether one-on-one or group, global or local, Jio Chat delivers both voice calling and video calling with an easy-to-use interface at no additional charges and as many users tell us — with far better voice quality than even PSTN calls or calls on many VoIP apps.
• HIDE or SHARE. It’s up to you! Jio Chat offers status sharing. But if you are in the mood for some privacy, simply turn the feature off.
• CHAT OFFLINE. Coverage spotty? Jio Chat will store messages when the connection is interrupted and forward once you or your friends are back online. What’s more, you can even send 100 FREE SMS every month from Jio Chat.
• ALWAYS ON and Connected. After initial install and activation, there’s no need to sign in again and again. As long as your device is powered on, Jio Chat stays connected and ready to go
• FOLLOW BRANDS, Celebrities with Channels. Jio Chat offers the latest news, updates, and special promotions through Jio Chat Channels. Whether you are a Bollywood freak or music lover or a cricket fan or a news junkie – Jio Chat has something for everyone.
• MADE IN INDIA STICKERS. Jio Chat works with some of the most renowned artists in India to create stickers that are fun and help you express your emotions in your chats with your friends, family members and ALL your loved ones (except your pets, maybe! Sorry, but we’re trying). Odia, Bangla, Kanada, Punjabi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, and Hindi stickers — we’ve got them all!
First Published on: Dec 6, 2015, 02:33 AM