The tech giant Google has reportedly announced that it has extended the snooze feature of its Inbox by Gmail that was earlier unveiled in April, this year. The feature is meant for the users those who have time-sensitive emails.
The new Snooze option integrated to the Inbox will let its users snooze an email to the exact desired time. Users can now avail the feature in just one-tap.
As per the developers, the one-tap option will be shown on the screen in the emails dealing with restaurant and event reservations, calendar invites, flight confirmations, hotel reservations, and rental car reservations.
• Add a reminder or compose a message in one tap from your home screen with two new Inbox widgets
• Introducing Trip Bundles – emails about a trip are bundled with important details highlighted
• New setting to swipe to delete
• New setting to set your signature
• Undo Send – take back a message up to a few seconds after sending it
• Reminders created in Keep will now appear in Inbox
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
By selecting this one-tap snooze option, the display prompts the user to “Snooze until…” with a dialogue box or popup menu having options, this evening, tomorrow, next week, or someday. Meanwhile, it also asks users to remind 1 hour before the event or let them pick the date and time accordingly.
“Your email inbox should help you live and work better, but instead it often buries the important stuff and creates more stress than it relieves. Inbox, built by the Gmail team, keeps things organized and helps you get back to what matters,” says Google Inc.
The base Snooze feature was added by Google, back in April of this year, which was earlier enable the users to set custom morning, afternoon, and evening Snooze times along with existing Snooze options which were integrated with the launching of the app. In addition, a new option in the sidebar is also provided that allows the users to quickly access their Contacts on the Web.
Earlier this week, Google was suggesting its users with a popup display that prompts to create an Inbox Reminder instead when it has noticed that users are emailing content to themselves for future purposes.
• HIGHLIGHTS – Get the most important information without even opening the message. Check-in for flights, see shipping information for purchases, and view photos from friends right up front.
• BUNDLES – Similar messages are bundled together so you can deal with them all at once. And get rid of them with one swipe.
• REMINDERS – More than mail, you can add Reminders so your inbox contains all the things you need to get back to.
• SNOOZE – Snooze emails and Reminders to come back when you are ready to deal with them: next week, when you get home, or whenever you choose.
• SEARCH – Inbox helps you find exactly what you’re looking for— from your upcoming flight to a friend’s address— without having to dig through messages.
• WORKS WITH GMAIL – Inbox is built by the Gmail team, so all your messages from Gmail are here, along with the reliability and spam protection of Gmail. All of your messages are still in Gmail and always will be.[/quote_box_center]
Tags: app, gmail, Google, inbox, Inbox by Gmail, internet