Delhi Police chief, BS Bassi has announced on Friday, a trial version of the much awaited mobile app, “Delhi Police… One Touch Away”. The app aims to the reducing public inconvenience and disappointment with police functioning.
“Our endeavor has been to identify areas where newer means can help in reducing public inconvenience and consequent dissatisfaction with police functioning. One such area for the public is how to reach police in various situations,” Bassi said.
“The app will facilitate access to all services provided by Delhi Police with just one touch,” he said.
The app is currently available for only android users. They can install it on their smartphones, directly from the Google Play Store.
This Application brings us one step closer to our Police department and hence named as “Delhi Police …One Touch Away”. It caters all the police related apps interface to the general public on a single touch. Developed for mobile platforms to ease public use. It has been developed keeping in mind the needs of the internal Police department as well as the public.
People might not always be aware of the government’s already existing Apps and sites. Therefore, this App provides them with an interface to put their grievances forward. Also, the police department can notify public regarding any plans, actions or law.
- This App is user-friendly and easy to adapt.
- Provides contact numbers of all the Delhi Police Officers to the public.
- Police can send notifications to Public and within the Department through this app.
- It provides all the important helpline numbers to the public required in case of any emergency.
- It gives a shortcut to all the websites and Apps related to Delhi Police.
- It provides reference to Laws & Acts information to the Police Department.
- Public can share their pictures and videos with their latitude and longitude through various social networks.
Few app users have reported that the app is crashing on their devices. One of them, Raakesh Sharma says, “Hey Delhi Police, the app doesn’t open after installation. Gives a message, unfortunately, the app has stopped working.”
First published on Monday, August 31, 2015, 08:45 AMTags: app, BS Bassi, Delhi Police, Delhi Police …One Touch Away