Soon after launching the Moto 360 2nd Gen. smartwatch, Motorola is planning to launch its upgraded version of Moto G 3rd Gen. smartphone, which is named as Moto G Turbo in the Indian smartphone market by this week, apparently on Wednesday. The company has posted a lineup of tweets on Saturday and Sunday, in order to tease for their upcoming device.
The tweet mentions, “Power up and get ready for #TurboMode! 3 Days to go for Moto G Turbo edition. Coming soon!”. While, the other respective posts on Motorola’s official twitter handle stated, Stay Restless (unchain and step outside fearlessly), Dance in the Rain (leave the worrying to us. We’ve got your back), Live the Moments (we’ll make sure you relive them forever), and Explore the World (time will never be an excuse again).
The teasing lineup was started from Saturday and confirms the launch in its Sunday’s tweet, which suggests that the device will be announcing on Wednesday, but the citing the Monday’s tweet, the handset might be unveiled on Thursday.
Ploting the dots left by the company, the teasers posted on Twitter hints as follows:
- “Power up and get ready for #TurboMode! 3 Days to go for Moto G Turbo edition. Coming soon!”
- The tweet posted on December 7 reveals that the company is about to launch its Moto G Turbo handset in Indian market.
- “Stay Restless (unchain and step outside fearlessly)”
- This tweet was uploaded with an image showing the charging icons and claiming that users won’t need think to step outside. It hints that the upcoming device will feature a gigantic battery and supports Motorola Turbo Power quick charging
- “Dance in the Rain (leave the worrying to us.We’ve got your back)”
- The post says, “Never think twice before stepping out and enjoying the rains, live life to its fullest. #TurboMode coming soon!.” It refers to the IPx7 certification of the device which enables the handset to be water resitant.
- “Explore the World (time will never be an excuse again)”
- The tweet was paosted with a picture that shows SIM cards and a statement, “Get started and stay ahead! #TurboMode coming soon.” It says that the Moto G Turbo will support flawless 4G connectivity, which helps the users to stay updated with latest information.
- “Live the Moments (we’ll make sure you relive them forever)”
- With this statement, Motorola wants to hint that their forthcomming handset will be featuring a decent photography solution, so that the handset owners can live their captured moments forever.
The Moto G Turbo was debuted in Mexico last month at a price point of $283 (roughly Rs. 18,600). It comes with enhanced ruggedness and reportedly sport IPx7 certification that allows to submerge the device in up to a meter of water for 30 minutes.
The the Moto G Turbo Edition launched in Mexico comes with a 5-inch full-HD 1080p display with Gorilla Glass 3 coating. It runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box, supported by a Snapdragon 615 SoC coupled with 2Gb of RAM.
On storage fornt, the handset include a 16GB internal storage which can be expanded using a microSD card. It also features a a 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture and a 2470 mAh battery that supports Motorola Turbo Power quick charging.
Besides this, Amit Boni, general manager, Motorola India, reveals, the company is going to launch the Moto X Force in India in the month of January. While, he furhter said that India will be the first market to get Marshamllow update for Moto G (3rd gen) and Moto X Play, which is rolling out soon.
Stay tuned to get further updates and upcoming spec shootout for Moto G3 and Moto G Turbo.
Tech Specs of Moto G Turbo Edition
|Display||5-inch full-HD 1080p display with Gorilla Glass 3|
|Camera||13MP rear and 5MP front-facing camera|
|Processor||1.7GHz 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) chipset|
|OS||Android 5.1 Lollipop|