On 2th April, the King of Television comedy, Kapil Sharma was born and has turned 33 years old. After he won the Great Indian Laughter Challenge in 2007, his life has been a roller coaster ride to stardom. The actor is known for roasting reputations on his show Comedy Nights with Kapil. CNWK has been a really new concept in the television world and has shot Kapil to stardom, overnight.
So, on Kapil’s birthday, we thought that a little insight into the world of the man who invented ‘Babaji Ka Thullu’ is a must.
- Kapil comes from a family of full of cops, from his dad and brother to his uncles, everyone is in service to the nation.
- Kapil gives the credit for his sense of humor to his mother who has always inspired him and encouraged him.
- Kapil’s life hasn’t been all that easy, he had to work in a PCO, a cloth mill and even picked crates of soft-drinks to earn money.
- It might come as a shocker but, the first time, Kapil was initially rejected in the audition round of ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge’, but received a call to return, and then Viola! He ended up winning the show.
- Kapil may seem like a fun man, who can take care of himself, but on the contrary, he is very emotional and sentimental.
- Kapil is a family man, he spent the 10 lakh prize money he won in ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge’, on his sister’s wedding, which was by far the most lavish wedding in their family, as he said.
- He will soon be debuting as a singer in his upcoming movie with Abbas-Mastan, ‘Kis Kisko Pyar Karu’. He will be lending his voice for one of the songs in the film and will also mark his debut as an actor.
- He has a 3-film contract with Yash Raj Films.
- Kapil is rumored to be dating “CNWK” creative director Preeti Simoes.
- Kapil initially wanted to be a singer, but destiny led him to another fate and we’d love to thank destiny for that.
Kapil has given Indian Television the best medicine of all times, that is, Laughter. We wish him all the luck and love and hope that he continues his good work.